As much as we love rose gold rings, many of us wear them very carelessly. If only we knew that these simple thin rings could tell a lot about who we are. There’re so many beautiful finger ring sets but it’ll be wise to know on what finger to wear them. This post will teach you the meaning of rings for different fingers.(Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(jewellery))
What are the rules governing wearing rose gold rings?
Before talking about what wearing rings on each finger means, it is wise to check out the general jewelry rules. In case you didn’t know, there are a set of rules that govern wearing jewelry. Many people are oblivious of these and wear their rose gold rings as they like.
So here are a few rules:
- Your fingers will look cuter and longer when you wear oval rings. You will create the same illusion with a stretched ring. By the way, these simple thin rings also look very elegant.
- If your fingers are short and you aren’t tall, then you have no business with big rings. You should also stay away from the big jewels. On the other hand, if you have thin and small fingers, lighter rings should be your choice.
- Whoever knew that time and wearing your finger ring sets had a relationship? You probably didn’t know that you aren’t supposed to wear a big or catchy ring before 5 pm. Now you know this so it’s best you consider this, especially when you are wearing something expensive.
- Having neat nails add a lot of beauty to your finger jewelry. Groom your nails and fingers using the appropriate creams.
- Don’t wear too many rings on the same finger. Do you want to know why? It paints the picture that you are impolite or you have bad manners. First impressions matter a lot and you don’t want to make a bad one.
We hope these rules will help you when next you wear your finger jewelry. Now we can look at what rings mean on each finger.
Rings worn on the thumb
According to ancient Greek mythology, the thumb was a symbol of masculinity, power, and strength. This was what it meant to wear a ring on the thumb at that time.
These days, the tide may have turned. When you wear a ring on your thumb it means you are seeking self-assurance in every way possible. This doesn’t exclude sexually and it is especially true about men.
When women wear rose gold rings on their thumbs, they are showing off their manly traits. Some of these traits include hot temper, stubbornness, and persistence. This doesn’t rule out the part of being insecure and some level of dissatisfaction in intimacy.
If you take a poll, you’d notice that women who wear rings on their thumbs aren’t traditional with their sexuality. Though not all, but most.
Rose gold rings worn on the index finger
People who wear simple thin rings on their index fingers show off a desire for power. This doesn’t leave out aspects of character, one of which is discretion. All of these are for the index finger on the right hand.
How about the left? It may show that you long to be a different person from who you are currently. Then there’s the relationship to megalomania as well as an inclination towards hysteria. Mind you, wearing a ring on your left index finger shows an innate ability for being a ruler.
If you are a fan of yin and yang, let’s tell you what it means in this regard. Wearing a ring on your yin index tells of a desire to lead. Wearing it on the yang index finger shows that you are a great follower and love to be guided.
Rings worn on the middle finger
If you desire to show off your finger ring sets, then the middle finger is your best option. Psychologists actually believe that rather than showing off the ring, you want to also show off yourself. This notion isn’t false most of the time.
Do you remember Marilyn Monroe’s music video about diamonds? She wore her ring on the middle finger, where it was most obvious. Wear your ring on this finger and you make everyone around know how irresistible you are.
Another thing this act reveals is your belief in magic and fate. If you wear a ring on your yin middle finger, it means you have a discerning mind. You are able to tell what is right from what is wrong. Wearing it on the yang finger speaks of your nature of seeking guidance from other people.
Rose gold rings worn on the ring finger
Many people can already tell what wearing rose gold rings on the ring finger symbolize. Yes, it tells of your family status. Ancient Egyptian folklore gives an explanation as to why we wear nuptial rings on this finger.
The belief states that there’s a nerve that travels all the way from your ring finger to the heart. If you aren’t married and you wear your simple thin rings on this finger, it shows you want a change. Yeah right, a change in marital status, a publication that is mostly subconscious.
Just so you know, wearing a ring on your left ring finger implies widowhood or divorce. We bet you didn’t know that.
Rings worn on the pinky
When you do this, it shows an extraordinary nature. It shows off creativity and artistry as well as persuasiveness and eloquence.
Wearing your finger ring sets on this finger also shows that a person may be cunning or resourceful. Added to this, there is a belief that people wearing their rings on this finger are diplomatic. This is a great ingredient for success.
When you wear your ring on the yin pinky, then it shows you are a good communicator. On the other hand, simple thin rings on your yang pinky show you are a good listener.
Now you know what wearing your rose gold rings on each finger means. This should make you wear your finger ring sets more appropriately from now on. Share your own beliefs with us in the comments section.
Many women love their jewelry but they don’t understand the concept of work jewelry. It is important to get how to start wearing jewelry at work right else you’ll be having lots of problems.
Jewelry is an important aspect of every woman’s dressing. The fact that you work in an office should not stop you from wearing these accessories. We will teach you how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace via this post. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery)
Rules governing jewelry at work
Most people think that jewelry may make a woman look unserious in the office. It really isn’t so. You don’t need to lose your jewelry or reduce your sense of style because you’re scared of wearing jewelry at work.
Also, if you wear your work jewelry properly, you would achieve two major aims. First, you maintain your sense of style. Second, you will be confident enough to achieve more and gain lots of respect.
The bottom line is you have to understand the rules that govern wearing jewelry in the workplace. How to start wearing jewelry at work is simply about making the right impression all the time. You should remember that first impressions matter and you cannot make it twice.
When it comes to dressing up to the workplace, jewelry is about the trickiest of the lot. This is why you must be careful. The first thing you need to consider is the culture of your organization.
For example, it is easier for women who work in arts organizations to choose jewelry. Some of these organizations include advertising, boutiques, art galleries, etc. On the other hand, women who are involved in corporate, academic, and political work must be careful with these accessories.
The best place to get information about wearing jewelry at work is from the Human Resources Department of your firm. In the event that you don’t get any information from this avenue, you need to find another means. Check the work jewelry of other staff in the organization, especially your bosses.
Let’s get straight to the rules that will show you how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace.
Rule 1 of jewelry at work
Never allow your jewelry and clothing to be in competition. You should make sure that you create the perfect balance between your clothes and the jewelry you wear. For example, if you are wearing one of those statement necklaces, you need a simple neckline and cool colors. This way, the necklace stands out as a result of the perfect contrast created.
It is important that you work with two or three colors. Wearing too many colors will make you look funny and will totally mess up your dressing. So a solid color necklace or scarf will be perfect for black pants and a pink skirt or something of the sort. This way, you get to bring all of the colors together to form something nice.
Rule 3 of wearing jewelry at work
Stay with real jewelry. Let’s take a look at the different pieces of jewelry and examples of how they will look.
- Necklaces: One of the most timeless pieces of necklaces will be gold or silver in color with a simple pendant. One thing you should always remember is that you cannot have dangling chains. You should also stay away from necklaces encrusted with crystals. The idea of office jewelry is simple and classy.
- Earrings: You shouldn’t even consider long dangling earrings as they are not fitting for the workplace. Instead of these, wear a pair of studs. Studs are simple and small yet very sophisticated. Wearing these shows a lot of responsibility and will earn you the respect of others.
- Rings: If you wear them right, rings are perfect for the workplace and are very appropriate. For example, you can wear engagement rings and nuptial rings and still look responsible. Another set of rings you can wear are stackable bands or semi-precious stones. Whatever you do, don’t make it too excessive. It is best to wear just one ring per hand.
- Bracelets: Wondering why bracelets and not bangles? Here’s a simple explanation. Bangles are noisy and at the same time, they look too unprofessional for the workplace. This is why we prefer bracelets among work jewelry. Bracelets are better, whether they have stones or they are plain. You may also consider using cuffs too. Just make sure that cuffs don’t make any noise. Whatever you choose, make sure that you maintain class.
- Nose rings: In most parts of the world, nose rings are not an issue for women. On the other hand, women from the Southern part of Asia, especially India may have a problem with this. They have to decide whether they should wear any jewelry on their noses or not. Asides this, they need to figure out whether they should wear either a nose ring or pin. This can be really tricky and that’s why they need to know how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace. Choosing to wear either of these is dependent on the culture of a specific organization.
Rule 4 of wearing jewelry at work
The subtlety with wearing jewelry at work is very important. Boldness is good but in the workplace, don’t let your jewelry be too pronounced. It is best to leave them out of the faces of others. If you aren’t subtle with your jewelry, then you’d be quite distracting to others.
As much as possible, it is important that your jewelry does not make noises when at work. That could be very unprofessional.
Stay away from lots of jewelry, too many will be a cardinal mistake. A professional setting requires a lot of professionalism including in terms of your dressing. The only reason why you should wear lots of jewelry is that you work in a fashion outfit or in entertainment.
There you have it, it is work jewelry is not a bad idea. All you need to do is understand how to start wearing jewelry right at the office. This article must have taught you the rules of wearing jewelry at work. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.
General hack for women’s closet one believed to be a short black gown, a simple T-shirt and a well-tailored leather jacket.
Making sure to have these fundamental items allows adorning oneself for any function painless and uncomplicated. Nonetheless, no dress-up is whole without some essentials jewelry pieces.
Just like your closet classic essentials, there are also essential Jewelry pieces that all-female have to acquire.
It doesn’t matter your taste in fashion. Either you are a lover of casuals or one with high affection for fine jewelry wardrobe having the following is crucial. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery)
Some Indispensable closet classic jewelry
- Gold and Silver Necklace: Necklace is essentials jewelry pieces completely known for their utility.
Pimp an item of simple clothing, with different necklaces to give you a flashy or normal appearance.
- Utilization Of Gold And Silver Necklace
Necklaces are used to embellish any form of dressing ranging from cowboy appearance to achieving any form of fashion style.
Necklaces can be used to tone down on any masculine form of dressing, Just to get a balance of that feminine touch.
The above simply means that you can use this fine jewelry wardrobe chain to be used on casual, semi-casual and formal dressing to any occasion.
- Diamond Bracelets: Either a bracelet is purchased by you to pamper yourself or for you by your spouse, Diamond bracelet is an essential jewelry piece.
They are lovable for their harmonious line. Diamond bracelets are classic, shining and beautiful.
They are simply irresistible.
- Utilization Of Diamond Bracelet
Diamonds can be timeless, so they are a sure way of spending money to make money.
Purchasing a diamond closet classic jewelry is a sure way to keep your money locked up somewhere also appear a classy lady.
They are a form of wise investment because they rarely lose value.
It can also be the cherry on the cake when you are adorned for that outstanding event.
You can purchase this closet classic Jewelry at dirt cheap prices at the different sales points.
For office looks, try a short black gown, stilettos and a diamond bracelet.
These are indispensable fine jewelry wardrobe items.
Pearls are the embodiment of grace, refinement, and beauty in appearance yet not affected by time.
It one of those fashion essential jewelry pieces which cannot go into extinction.
Pearls can be bought in varying fashion closet classic jewelry such as earrings, chain or bracelets.
Purchasing one should be every woman’s priority.
- Pearls Utilization:
The peculiarities of pearls can be traced back to our grandmothers who kept and used them to special occasions.
Howbeit, in recent times the closet classic jewelry is beginning to make waves in modern fashion.
This trend is basically found among those who want to have a feel and taste of cutting edge in fashion.
Pearls often time lack obvious hues, so they are can easily be used with other forms and colors of costumes.
During winter, you can try out a hued cardigan with stud earrings.
You can bring the fashion a notch higher by adding an overcoat to give a radical yet classy appearance.
- Gold Pendant:
It was just in recent times that Gold pendants began to get people’s attention.
Notwithstanding they have always been fundamental in our society.
The amazing fact of it is, it can be on you without you having to remove it.
It can be rocked with any form of attire, at any event. It can also be used with a casual dressing such as your denim and nice footwear.
It can really be adorable.
- Utilization of Gold Pendants:
One of the major and lovely ways to rock a gold pendant essential jewelry pieces is on an excellent white top.
This can also go with any form of dressing. ranging from denim designed after men’s clothing to plaid trouser.
There is no way you inculcate these methods of dress sense and you miss out of fashion not loose your feminine touch.
- Cocktail Ring:
Across almost all races, whatever the word” BOLD” is attached to, beauty is not far fetched.
This nice closet classic jewelry is one primary accessory for any cocktail party.
When you feel your embellishment is incomplete, you might just be missing out on your cocktail ring.
Purchasing interesting and distinctive high valued gemstone rings is a great way to add a small color to an ordinary well-coordinated costume.
Utilization of Cocktail Rings:
Although, it is a general norm to combine a cocktail fine jewelry wardrobe with a cocktail costume.
It can be used to spice up semi-formal dressing which can be used for hanging out with female friends or on dinner dates.
Leather Band Watch: There are various types of fine jewelry wardrobe wristwatches.
One ever trending and relevant one is a leather wristwatch.
It is an ideal means to avoid using so much jewelry and at the same time be modest.
For women who do not like so much embellishing, a leather wristwatch comes handy.
One major benefit of owning a leather wristwatch in your fine jewelry wardrobe is, It keeps you on your toes where punctuality is concerned.
- Using a leather wristwatch:
Leather closet classic jewelry is generally known to be a part of men’s fashion, over time it has been inculcated to women’s world of fashion.
A well-tailored jacket accompanied with essential jewelry pieces such as a leather watch is cute.
For every fashion-conscious being, be it a man or a woman, accessories are an integral part of their dress sense.
More importantly for any woman, there is always an indispensable item in their jewelry wardrobe.
Ladies want to be seen as one with class and elegance which in turn brings compliments across their parts.
Women tend to be drawn to specific essentials jewelry pieces than the other due to diverse differences in class, taste, and age.
Hence the need to compile few of the everyday jewelry used by women and ways they can be used to get heads turning their way.
When you meet an elegant woman, be sure to give her compliments because it sure costs her a fortune of both time and resources.
(If you want to know more, please visit https://www.trendebut.com.)
As a true lover of modern classic jewelry, you should know that caring for your timeless jewelry is important. Most classic jewelry owners really want to do this but they don’t have an idea how to.
In this post, we will show you how you can care for your jewelry pieces and keep them looking new. Without further ado, let’s get straight to business. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery)
Why should you care for your modern classic jewelry?
This shouldn’t even be a question in the first place. When you have pieces of modern classic jewelry, you know how much they cost. Even if they came as gifts, at least their looks alone should give you an idea.
Timeless jewelry pieces are too costly to be taken lightly. They are pieces you want to keep for as long as you can. After all, you enjoy the compliments anytime you have them on, as well as the countless looks.
Most classic jewelry pieces are not difficult to maintain. In fact, you might just need a thorough cleaning once every year. The rest is simply routine that should keep them lasting a lifetime and even more. Let’s take a look at what to do to keep your jewelry pieces looking great.
Modern classic jewelry care tips
- Store different jewelry pieces separately.
How do you store your modern classic jewelry pieces? When you touch each one, it is evident that they are of different weights and textures. This means that putting them together could cause wear and tear, knocking each other, or scratching.
As much as possible, you don’t want your jewelry pieces scratching against each other. To avoid this, what do you do? It is simple, get soft-lined compartments.
When you place your jewelry in these compartments, they will hardly touch each other. The good thing is you still have all the pieces in the same location so you are not likely to misplace any.
You should also make sure they are stored in a cool and dry location. Avoid direct sunlight and any form of dampness as well as dust. Silver will always oxidize but you can slow down the process considerably.
Store your silver in airtight bags rather than packs of silica gel. The latter will absorb atmospheric sulfur and moisture which are the key ingredients for the oxidation of silver. Make use of cotton or acid-free tissue to wrap your gold and other timeless jewelry. Be more careful with your pearls as they are prone to damage by scratching.
- Be careful when wearing them.
Storing most modern classic jewelry is easy but wearing them is one way they get damaged quickly. Many times, you are so eager to wear your jewelry that you wear them before wearing your dress. This shouldn’t be the case.
The last thing you should put on are your jewelry pieces, why? You also have a possibility of the jewelry tangling in t clothing when you try to wear your dress. As they get caught, you cause a strain through wear and tear and soon these fragile pieces start to fall apart.
Another thing you should avoid is using your perfume and makeup after wearing your jewelry. It should be the other way round. This is because while making up, some of your makeup could smear over the pieces. The same happens for hairspray or perfume.
This is the beginning of a gradual process of damage, especially from corrosion. If you are dying your hair with spray dye, take off your jewelry. This will keep them from being discolored.
Finally, on this point, don’t wear your jewelry to do house chores. There is the temptation to forget but it ends up spoiling these costly pieces.
- Avoid contamination.
There are so many things to keep your precious jewelry pieces away from. Water, soap, oil, spray, cooking grease, chemicals, etc. shouldn’t come in contact with your jewelry. If they do, it is only a matter of time before you start noticing changes in color.
It will begin with the dullness of the jewelry, move to discoloration, and end in tarnishing. All of these can be avoided. It is simple, keep your pieces as far away as possible from any of these substances.
Reduce handling of your jewelry because oils used on your skin could cause them to get dull. Water damages the threading of your jewelry. This is why you need to keep your threaded pearls away from water. If you are going to use water on your jewelry seek professional advice first.
Once you notice that your timeless modern classic jewelry has come in contact with any of these substances, act immediately. Pat them dry with a clean dry tissue or soft towel. This way, you will keep your jewelry looking new for longer.
- Gentle cleaning.
Cleaning most classic jewelry can be tricky. Because of how much you value them, you want them to be as clean as possible. However, you need to be gentle when cleaning your modern classic jewelry.
If you are not sure what to do, it is best you err on the side of caution. Use non-abrasive materials and don’t rub over your jewelry. Make use of silver-dip cleaners for your silver pieces alone. Rinse them immediately after.
Specialist jewelry cleaners are best for your gold, gems, and platinum pieces. Ensure you dry your jewelry after cleaning to avoid corrosion.
- Seek professional help.
As much as possible, seek professional help with caring for your jewelry pieces. Don’t experiment, they are too costly for that. Some timeless jewelry pieces are so delicate, they can only be handled by a professional.
In fact, it is best that you take your jewelry for professional cleaning once each year. This way they will last longer and look great too. Professionals are able to assess your pieces for any sort of damage, current or impending that you can’t see.
It is important to care for your modern classic jewelry. We have discussed how you can do this without stress to achieve the best results. Most classic jewelry are easy to maintain, so just adhere to our list. If you want to know more, please visit https://www.trendebut.com.
It is important to always watch out for the top housing essentials to lift the look of your home. There are tons of home décor ideas but to support these, you need the right essentials. Through décor online shopping, you can totally transform your home and make it more interesting to live in. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.og/wiki/Home_D%C3%A9cor_Products)
Top housing essentials to shop for
It can be a bit challenging matching your home décor ideas with the appropriate essentials. However, with décor online shopping, you can get the top housing essentials. In this post, we will be showing you a list of the essentials you should own.
Let’s check them out below:
Top housing essential non-slip bathroom mats and toilet pads
One of the most important rooms in the home is the bathroom, yet it is neglected a lot. With these non-slip bathroom mats and toilet pads, you can give your bathroom a facelift.
The pack consists of three pieces, two mats and the third, a toilet pad for your toilet seat lid. One of the mats is placed directly in front of the toilet seat. The second mat is a bit bigger than the first, it is placed in any other location within the bathroom space.
This non-slip pack for your bathroom serves two key purposes. First, it ensures that you do not slip on the wet floor, which is characteristic of bathrooms. Second, it adds aesthetic value to your bathroom.
It is advised that while making an order for this top housing essential, you should add between 1 and 3 centimeters for error purposes. By the way, the mats and pads are made of polyester and flannel.
Find a few other product specifications below:
- Material: Suede
- Style: Modern
- Pattern: Scenic
- Technics: Machine Made
- Application: Bathroom
- Feature: Stocked, Eco-Friendly
- Size: Different sizes
- 1st Size: 44*74.5cm (17.32*29.33inch)
- 2nd Size: 41*39.5cm (16.14*15.55inch)
- 3rd Size: 32*40.5cm (12.59*15.94inch)
- Pattern: Ocean Underwater World
One last thing, you get a fourteen-day return policy if you don’t like what you bought.
Self-Adhesive Wall Toothbrush Toothpaste Holder Storage Shelves
Still on the issue of the bathroom. It is one of the places in the home that needs your best home décor ideas. Most people just keep their toothbrushes and toothpaste anywhere, anyhow. Apart from the fact that this makes the bathroom untidy, it is also unhygienic.
With this self-adhesive wall toothbrush and toothpaste holder, you can make all the difference. It is made of stainless steel so you are sure that there will be no rust anytime soon. This is a huge advantage for any user since it keeps your toothbrush healthy.
Another advantage is that this shelf does not harbor any filth. It is almost impossible for filth to stick or hide on this shelf. No wonder many people consider it as one of the top housing essentials for every home.
Below is a summary of the product specifications:
- No. of Tiers: Single
- Packaging: Carton
- Material: PA+PE
- Installation Type: Wall Mounted
- Size: 15.3(L)*5.8(W)*10.2(H) cm
- Material: Stainless steel
Due to errors that may result from manual measurements, it is advised to always add between 1 to 3 centimeters.
Top housing essential stainless steel egg opener tool
This is one item you can get easily through décor online shopping though it doesn’t fall into the décor class. It is a utensil that fits well in the kitchen, especially one owned by a person who loves to bake.
Breaking eggs can be a challenge for some folks but with this stainless steel tool, that’s no longer a problem. This stainless steel egg opener is not susceptible to rust due to the stainless steel material.
Another advantage of this tool is the fact that it is very durable. This is because of the sturdy design. Finally, the tool is safe to use so you are not scared of getting injured during use.
Eggs can be broken easily and you can preserve the shells since they don’t shatter. It also makes it easy to open eggs and is healthy too since you don’t have to touch the eggs with dirty hands.
It is definitely a piece of kitchenware you should consider having. Here are some of the product specifications:
- Material: 304 stainless steel
- Color: Silver
- Size: 21*11.5cm
- Package: 1 Egg Opener
There is a fourteen-day return policy on the product.
Stainless steel windmill watermelon slicer cutter
This is another piece in our list of top housing essentials that fit in your kitchen. Apart from adding aesthetic value to your kitchen, it is perfect for slicing watermelons. This can also be ordered through décor online shopping even though it performs a separate function.
It has an auto-cutter blade that helps you slice the watermelon into neat cubes. The process is fast and it makes it easy to serve your favorite fruit.
All you need to do with this cutter is push the blade into the watermelon and you have your cubes. This is a great option when you want to make watermelon salad without stress. The slicer is made of stainless steel material which ensures that it is durable and healthy for use.
Top housing essential super adhesive glue silicone remover tool
This is one tool you sure need to bring your home décor ideas to reality. It was designed with the intent of resealing edges of baths, sinks, and even showers. This is essential in making these spots look new and protected.
It can be used in almost every room in the house especially when you want to seal any surface. The tool is very easy to use and it also helps you get rid of leaking grout and silicone lines. You can also make use of this tool to achieve perfect corners.
For durability sake, the tool is made using hard plastic. Despite this fact, it is designed not to destroy or hurt the surfaces in your home. There are several shapes and sizes of this tool. Choose your preference when ordering via décor online shopping.
We hope our list of top housing essentials has been of help to you? You can pick any of these to boost your home décor ideas. The great thing is that most of them have many other uses as well. If you want to know more, please visit https://www.trendebut.com.
As a beginner in baking, it is important that you have the best baking tools. With the best cake baking utensils, you are assured of being successful in your trade. In this post, we will take a look at certain baking tools you must-have in your baking kit beginners. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baking)
Best baking tools for a beginner
As you begin your foray into the baking world, there are certain cake baking utensils you must own. Invest in a baking kit beginner to help you become a better baker. These are some of the best baking tools you can invest in:
These are very important when rolling out dough of any kind. Asides rolling out food, they can be used in place of a food processor to crush food ingredients.
This knife is one of the most versatile that exists as it can cut, dice, mince, slice, and chop. It is great for any baker and would come in handy for multiple purposes.
This is a very important tool that helps you to dispense batter easily as the name implies. It is great for cakes, pancakes, muffins, and waffles to mention a few.
Want to make your cakes look great, then you may want to try out this set of decorating tools. There are several shapes so you pick which best suits the occasion.
There are several types of piping bags but silicon bags seem to be the beginner’s best friend. They do not get torn easily and can be used several times over. Use the bags with tips to create amazing designs on your cakes.
Baking cookies is fun when you have cookie cutters, it makes it more interesting. There are several shapes so you have the liberty to hone your creativity. Simply push the cutter into the flattened dough and you have your cookies shaped out.
Tips on getting best baking tools for beginners
Congratulations, you have decided to pick up baking, either as a hobby or career. Baking is an interesting art that allows you to bring your creativity to play. There is a lot to do, from making pastries to decorating cakes, baking is exploration.
It is essential that you get the best baking tools now that you are about starting off. With the right baking kit beginners are able to learn fast and hone their skills. Beyond this, there are certain tips that will help you maximize the use of your cake baking utensils.
You may already have an idea of what to do but these tips will make you gain ground very fast. Check them out below:
Tip 1: Start simple with the best baking tools
It may be a bit overwhelming to begin your baking career with a complex cake. Begin with something that is simple enough to allow you to grow. You must first be comfortable with the simple pastries and cakes before moving to the more elaborate ones.
As you work with the simple baking techniques, you grow in confidence. This will lead you to try out more complex procedures. Baking is a one-step-at-a-time journey. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in one day.
Tip 2: Get basic supplies and not all the best baking tools at once
The fact that you are starting out as a baker doesn’t mean you should break the bank. Begin by investing in the basic supplies you need. How do you know what supplies are basic? Speak to more experienced bakers so you can draw up a list.
Along with these, purchase the basic cake baking utensils. These will give you leverage and help you grow into an established baker.
Tip 3: Read recipes first
Okay, most people count this as very boring, especially the ones who love to explore. Don’t just pick up your baking kit beginners and professionals should take time to read recipes. It helps you remember your path as you navigate through baking.
It is better to spend time reading directions before you begin than getting lost or making mistakes as you bake. The more you read recipes, the more acquainted you are with them.
Tip 4: Learn the proper way to measure
Most beginners get intimidated by measurements and may try to run away from the process. Here’s a little secret, you cannot describe yourself as a baker if you don’t know how to measure properly.
Part of the best baking tools you should get is measuring utensils and equipment. There are so many, each one for a different purpose. You shouldn’t try to cut corners.
The methods for measuring dry ingredients and wet ingredients are different. Learn each as this is the basis for being the best baker you can be.
Tip 5: Be fearless
There is a joke that is thrown around among the professionals in the industry. They say that what you bake has the ability to smell your fear. Even though this is a joke, in many ways it is true.
With fear comes hesitation and fidgeting which will lead to tons of mistakes. The best way to build your confidence is through constant practice and reading. The more confident you are while baking, the better your results.
Tip 6: Don’t be discouraged by your mistakes
Even professionals make mistakes. There are no steps to keep off mistakes and no matter how careful you are, they would occur one day.
It is what you do when you make a mistake that matters. Rather than sulk when a mistake occurs, employ your creativity to make something of the mess. This is one of the reasons why baking is fun in the first place.
Tip 7: Be acquainted with the basic techniques of using the best baking tools
As a beginner, you may find it difficult to catch up in certain situations. However, when you understand the basic techniques, you are able to maneuver to come up with great results.
The best way to learn is to work with a more experienced hand. Another thing you can do is to watch as many tutorial videos as possible. This way you wouldn’t make too many mistakes.
We hope our list of best baking tools for beginners has been helpful? Invest in a baking kit beginner and watch how these cake baking utensils will turn around your baking. If you want to know more, please visit https://www.trendebut.com.
Eggs are simply amazing sources of protein that many people enjoy eating either soft boiled, medium boiled, or hard-boiled. However, getting them to be perfect can be a little tricky and may not be easy without an egg timer. You will need the Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer to help you reach the perfect egg nirvana.(Know More:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_timer)
What is the Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer
The Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer is an amazing kitchen tool that you throw into the pot along with your eggs. This egg timer is sensitive to temperature and will let you know when your egg is soft, medium or hard-boiled. Simply drop the perfect egg timer in a pot of boiling water with your eggs, and watch it change color.
With this timer, there will be no need for second-guessing or experimenting with eggs. You will know through the clear line markers whether your egg is cooked to the right nirvana or not.
The sensor inside the egg timer will take a couple of factors into account in order to ensure accuracy. Factors to be taken into account include the number of eggs inside the pot, and the altitude of your location. The amount of water in the pot and the temperature of the water will also be considered.
Why You Need the Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer
Despite the fact that eggs are universally available and enjoyed, messing them up is very easy. Boiling eggs is one of the most fundamental aspects of cooking and one of the first lessons we are taught. In theory, boiling an egg is the easiest task to do, but in reality, it is very tricky.
As simple as it looks in a plate, it is hard enough to get a classy poach without foiling it. It is not unheard of to crack your assumedly hard-boiled egg, only to have its contents go squishy and messy.
If you have, at some point, had to deal with such egg disasters, you need the Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer. It comes in the shape of an egg with the same thermal conductance that a normal egg has. It is made of CE-certified environmentally friendly resin and does not require washing or preparation before and after use.
How it Works
The egg timer works every time to prevent you from having numerous egg-related kitchen disasters. Here is an outline of how this fantastic timer works:
- Fill about ¾ of your pot with medium temperature clean water.
- Place your egg timer to nestle along with the other normal eggs into the pot.
- Place this pot on the top of the stove with medium flame.
- Allow the water to boil.
- When it starts to heat up, the central disc of the timer will start to darken. The edges of the egg timer will gradually start getting white while it moves to a line indicating “soft boiled”. If you want soft boiled eggs, you can take out all the eggs at this point. If not, allow the eggs to continue cooking.
- As the colorshift egg timer continues turning white, it will reach a line indicating “Medium boiled”. If you want medium-boiled eggs, you can take out all the eggs at this point. Otherwise, allow the eggs to continue to cook.
- When the timer turns white until it reaches a line that indicates “Hardboiled”, removes your pot from heat. Take out all your eggs and also the timer. You can place the timer on your countertop without having to wash or dismantle it.
- Run your eggs through the cold water so that they will stop cooking.
- Peel the eggs and eat them exactly the way you like them.
- Meanwhile, the timer will continue to change to its original color when it returns to room temperature. This timer can dry up on its own and be ready to reuse immediately after it gets cool.
Advantages of Using Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer
Here are some of the advantages of using this timer when boiling your eggs:
- This timer is easy to clean. Safe for use in a dishwasher if you feel you need to wash it. However, it does not really require washing.
- It is made of eco-friendly resin so it will not react with your eggs in any way. There are no toxins in it that could contaminate your eggs or threaten your health.
- It is very easy to use and does not require a user manual or guide. You simply have to drop it into your water along with your eggs, watch it change color, then remove it.
- Sized quite similar to a regular egg. This timer measures 2 inches in width, 1 inch in-depth, and 1.5 inches in height. Hence, it is not bulky and will not occupy too much space in the pot.
- Also quite lightweight and easy to carry along with you in a small bag.
- Additionally, this timer is inexpensive so you can buy a few more for your family members and friends.
- It is also safe for kids to use so they can boil their eggs by themselves without using a timer.
- Another advantage is that this timer is very easy to read. The indicators are clear enough for you to see through the hot water without removing it from the pot.
- Also, this timer is durable and can last long with constant use. It can last for a couple of years even when used every day.
- It is also easy to store. You can simply place it somewhere on your counter or in a kitchen bowl for easy accessibility.
- More so, it uses temperature to gauge the consistency of a boiled egg, unlike other timers that use time. Instead of tracking minutes, you can just look at the indicator to know whether your egg is ready or not.
The ability to cook the perfect boiled egg every single time brings about a rewarding feel. The fact that you have no way of knowing if your egg has cooked to perfection without removing the shell. However, once you peel the shell, you cannot go back to unpeel or recook it.
Hence, the many tutorials on cooking the perfect egg with runny, jammy, or firm yolks may not cut it. The Perfect Colorshift Egg Timer takes away the guesswork and old lady’s tales for boiling eggs.
The KN95 mask is one of the PPEs we can use to protect ourselves from particulates present in the air. This includes the SARS-COV-2 virus which is responsible for the new coronavirus that is currently shutting the world down. However, not everyone has access to a KN95 mask as the CDC regulates the distribution of this mask.
For now, only medical personnel including first responders to medical issues. In this post, we will show you what a KN95 mask is and the differences between this and a surgical mask. Along with this, we will share information about reusing these masks and disinfecting the masks.
What is KN95 Mask?
Before we continue discussions about this mask, let’s first discuss what it is. A KN95 mask is also known as an N95 respirator. It is a piece of protective equipment worn over the face to reduce exposure to several particulates in the air. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_mask)
This includes large droplets and very tiny particles of about 0.3 microns. The number “95” attached to the name of this mask signifies that it has 95% filtration efficiency against non-oily particulates. This mask is controlled by the CDC and is meant to be used by health care professionals and first responders.
Difference Between a KN95 Mask and Surgical Mask
N95 surgical masks fall under the umbrella of KN95 masks so this comparison is between KN95 masks and disposable surgical masks. The main purpose of disposable surgical masks is to prevent cross-contamination during medical procedures.
As such, they are used by doctors and nurses, mostly during surgeries and caring for patients. Surgical mask trap liquid droplets expelled by the wearer. They also protect the wearer from body fluids expelled by the patient, especially blood.
While KN95 masks are efficient against very tiny airborne particulates, disposable surgical masks are only fluid-resistant. Surgical masks only protect against large particles of about 5 microns, KN95 masks protect against particles of 0.3 microns.
Another major difference between both PPE is their fitting. KN95 masks are tightly fitting to ensure that there are no gaps to allow for leakages. Surgical masks, on the other hand, are loose-fitting so there is a possibility of leakages. Because of this, surgical masks have lesser filtration capabilities than KN95 masks.
Taking the prices of both into consideration, of course, surgical masks cost far less than KN95 masks. But the latter can be reused while surgical masks are disposable and should be discarded after use. In terms of timing, KN95 masks can be used for up to 8 hours. This is 4 hours more than the recommended time for surgical masks.
Who Should Use a Mask?
So many people have taken to using masks as a means of protecting themselves against coronavirus. As you know, this virus, which originated from Wuhan in China has spread to so many countries. Quite a number of people are confused regarding whether to use masks or not. This brings us to the question, who should use a mask?
According to the World Health Organization, you do not need to wear a mask if you are healthy. However, certain situations warrant the use of masks when you are healthy. They include:
- When you are providing care for a person that is confirmed or suspected to be infected with the coronavirus.
- If you are sneezing or coughing and you suspect that you are infected with the coronavirus.
Regular surgical masks capture droplets that may be dispersed in sneezes, coughs, and breaths. The new coronavirus is transmitted via these means mostly. We have already told you about the two main types of masks, disposable surgical masks, and KN95 respirators.
According to the recommendation by the WHO, anyone can wear surgical masks during this pandemic. However, it is recommended that only medical practitioners and first responders should make use of KN95 masks.
The major challenge of using KN95 masks is that the wearer can face some difficulty with breathing. Some of them come with valves in front to aid the breathing of the wearer. They also prevent the condensation of moisture resulting from exhaled breath. This moisture makes the mask wet which puts the wearer at risk of virus infection.
It is important to note that wearing a mask without engaging in hand hygiene and avoiding touching your face. Hand hygiene requires you to wash your hands with soap under running water for 20 seconds at least. In the event that there is no soap and water, you can use hand sanitizers for about the same period.
Precautions When Using a KN95 Mask
KN95 masks are seen as a close substitute for N95 masks when they are not available. They ensure a close fit to the face to ensure the wearer is safe from airborne particles. These masks go through a lot of testing to ensure that they offer the required protection.
The fact about these masks is that if you don’t use them properly, you are still unsafe. Wrong use or abnormal use will still result in getting infected, inability to breathe properly, and other challenges. Because of this, the FDA has put forward a few instructions regarding the use of KN95 masks.
A person struggling with a cardiac, respiratory, or any other medical condition with breathing difficulty shouldn’t use these masks. If they have to, they must get clear and specific instructions from their health provider first. The reason for this is that breathing with the mask is already challenging. How much more when a person who has respiratory or breathing issues wears one, it could endanger life.
There are models of KN95 masks that are designed with breathing valves. Breathing is easier with these valves while the valves also help to dissipate heat building up inside the mask. It is important to note that masks that come with valves are not to be used in sterile conditions.
According to the FDA, KN95 masks should be used only once. After this, they should be disposed of safely immediately. In addition to this, when the wearer notices that the mask is soiled or damaged, it should be taken off and changed. This rule also applies when the wearer finds it difficult to breathe with the mask on.
When discarding a KN95 mask, you should first put it into a plastic bag. After you do this, put the plastic bag into the trash. You should have disposable gloves on while using the mask so you should dispose of the gloves along with the mask. After disposing of the plastic bag, wash your hands thoroughly using soap under running water.
It is important to note that children and people having facial hair cannot use KN95 masks. The reason is that the proper fit will not be achieved with both. When the proper fit is not achieved, the chances of getting infected are higher.
The CDC advises against repeated use of KN95 masks. However, there might be situations warranting more than single-use, therefore, read below for how to use.
Can You Reuse KN95 Masks?
Certain situations warrant the reuse of KN95 masks. One such situation is when there is a pandemic and the masks have become scarce. In this kind of situation, the CDC has provided certain recommendations. These recommendations guide the extended use of the face masks.
- Reduce the number of people that should use this kind of respiratory protection. This can be achieved using administrative and engineering controls.
- Make use of substitutes for KN95 respirators when it is possible. Examples of substitutes include full facepiece respirators, elastomeric half-masks, and powered air purification respirators.
- Implement strategies that allow extending the use of the masks or reuse when it is absolutely necessary.
- Ensure that you prioritize the usage of the masks for personnel that are most at risk of infection or complications.
There are times when extending the use of the KN95 masks is necessary. The CDC has also made provisions for this. You must follow these guidelines to avoid cross-contamination after donning the mask.
- Dispose of the mask after use during a procedure where aerosols were generated.
- Dispose of the mask when it is contaminated with nasal or respiratory secretions, blood, or any other bodily fluid. Any of these fluids may be expelled from an infected patient and puts the wearer at risk of infection.
- Dispose of the mask if there has been close contact with an infected patient. It also binds when the wearer makes an exit from the patient’s ward or care area.
- To avoid surface contamination as much as possible, a cleanable face shield is always a better option to KN95 masks.
- Before donning and after doffing the mask, you must perform hand hygiene precautions. This means you should wash the hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. The required timeframe for both processes is a minimum of 20 seconds.
If you have to reuse a KN95 mask, then you should follow these recommendations by the CDC.
- Dispose of the mask after use during a procedure where aerosols were generated.
- Dispose of the mask when it is contaminated with nasal or respiratory secretions, blood, or any other bodily fluid. Any of these fluids may be expelled from an infected patient and puts the wearer at risk of infection.
- Dispose of the mask if there has been close contact with an infected patient. It also binds when the wearer makes an exit from the patient’s ward or care area.
- To avoid surface contamination as much as possible, a cleanable face shield is always a better option to KN95 masks.
- After using a mask, you should hang it in the designated storage zone. You can also keep them inside a breathable container like a paper bag. When in storage, ensure that you keep masks apart so that they don’t touch. You should also properly identify the owner of each mask with a label.
- Before and after you adjust the mask with your hands, ensure that you carry out hand hygiene. You should only touch the masks when there is an absolute need to adjust to maintain its fit or for comfort.
- Never touch the interior of the mask. Once you do, it is important that you discard the mask and follow this with hand washing or use a sanitizer.
- When donning and doffing a mask, make sure that you have non-sterile disposable gloves on. After each process, ensure that you dispose of the gloves properly.
If there is a need for extension of use or reuse, it must be by the initial wearer. This is very important because an asymptomatic wearer can still spread infections.
How to Reuse and Disinfect KN95 Masks
As we mentioned above, some situations warrant that you reuse a KN95 mask. When the need arises, you cannot wear the mask the way you left it. You need to clean the mask to ensure that you don’t pick up an infection.
How do you clean your KN95 masks? Here are a few principles to help you choose your cleaning process:
- The cleaning method must be efficient enough to inactivate any viral load present on the mask.
- The mask should not be soiled with either makeup or bodily fluids.
- There cannot be a compromise of the mask fitting.
- As much as possible, the process must preserve the ionic charge and filtration capacity of the mask.
With that out of the way, there are a number of decontamination processes you can choose from.
- Using Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide
Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide has been used to decontaminate KN95 face masks by some researchers at Duke Health. This was achieved using a specialized piece of equipment in their laboratory. To do this vaporized hydrogen peroxide is passed over the mask. The result of this is that the microbes are killed while the fit and functionalities of the mask are maintained.
- Using heat
Several tests were carried out to prove if this is possible. The process requires that the mask is heated to 70oC for a minimum of 30 minutes. This process is said to help decontaminated the mask of microbes while maintaining its filter integrity.
- Using UV-C light
Many hospitals have already adopted this method of using UVGI (Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation) to eliminate coronaviruses. Based on several pieces of data, UV-C can inactivate coronaviruses.
This is achieved using a specific dosage as well as measuring adequate light to penetrate the mask surface. According to several reports, this most likely one of the nest methods of decontaminating KN95 masks.
It is important to note that all these processes are only for risk mitigation in extraordinary cases. They are yet to be certified by the CDC or FDA as methods of complete decontamination. When carrying out the last procedure, bathing the whole exterior surface of the mask is required. Else, there may still be traces of the virus on the untouched parts of the masks.
Can You Wash a KN95 Mask?
Many people have asked this question and it has a straightforward short answer, NO. Two things you should never do with your KN95 mask are:
- Wash in soapy water.
- Wet or spray the mask with liquid alcohol or an aerosol.
Mostly, these masks are designed with a paper covering on the exterior. The inner layer must not be washed, steamed, or boiled as any of these processes disintegrates the filter medium.
When cleaned using soapy water or alcohol, studies show that the make loses its filtration efficiency. This is why you cannot afford to try using any of these on your KN95 masks.
We have shown you a few methods of decontaminating your mask above. However, if you don’t have the means to do any of these, there’s a way out. It is boiling the mask and it will only work if your mask doesn’t have paper lining the internal or external parts.
To boil the mask you should submerge it in the water of about 125oC for a minimum of 3 minutes. Doing this will ensure that the mask is disinfected and you will still maintain the filtration efficiency.
When boiling or steaming the mask, ensure that you don’t stir it excessively. It is best to only manipulate it tactfully so that it remains submerged. Note that you should carry out this process with caution.
Can The KN95 Mask Protect You From The Coronavirus?
In several cities all around the world, face masks are selling out as coronavirus spreads like wildfire. The question most people are seeking an answer to is, can a KN95 mask protect you from the virus? To answer this question, we need to consider a few things.
First, the virus is airborne and can be transmitted from one person to another. The basic mode of transmission is when the virus enters the body through the orifices in the face. These orifices include the nose, mouth, and possibly, eyes.
Masks are worn as shields to prevent the exchange of respiratory and bodily fluids through the nose and mouth. Since KN95 masks are designed to block both tiny and large droplets, they may offer an amount of protection. They can block out 95% of the tiny airborne particles from entering the mouth and nose.
While they offer this sort of protection, it is only dependent on whether they are properly used. For example, if they don’t fit properly, then there is no point. This is why children and individuals with facial hair are advised to avoid these masks.
Another challenge with KN95 masks is that the wearer may face some difficulty when breathing. As a result of this, a person who is already displaying symptoms of coronavirus may find the mask inconvenient. In fact, it could turn out more harmful for such an individual.
The best way to keep yourself safe is to avoid large gatherings and carry out hand hygiene often. Once you notice any symptoms or you suspect you have caught the virus, reach out to the local authorities. It is also important that you start to isolate yourself when you feel you are at risk of coronavirus.
What Can The KN95 Mask Filter Out
Here is a list of particulates your KN95 mask can filter out:
- Air pollutants (such as PM2.5 and PM10). This mask can filter 95% of all the particles that have a median diameter of 0.3 micrometers. So it can protect from the above particles as well as smaller ones.
- Another particle your KN95 mask can protect you from is pollen. Regular pollen grains have a diameter between 10 micrometers and 100 micrometers. This means the KN95 mask is more than capable of filtering out pollen.
- Smog contains certain chemicals and particles that can result in irritation and trigger allergies. A KN95 mask comes with a carbon layer that is equipped to filter out smog easily.
- Smoke and exhaust from automobiles. Automobiles will always release exhaust fumes or smoke into the air. These are harmful to human existence as well as the atmosphere. While the mask may not be able to save the atmosphere, it can save you by filtering both out. This is achieved through the carbon filter.
- Fragrances and odors. There are certain fragrances and odors that we may be allergic to. In the presence of such fragrances and odors, we are likely to sneeze or experience other allergies. Wearing the mask helps to reduce these contaminants by filtering the air through the carbon filter.
- Animal allergens. Regular animal allergens are about 5 micrometers to 10 micrometers in size. A KN95 mask can filter out a minimum of 0.3 micrometers. Wearing one means you are protected from animal allergens.
It is important to note that your mask will only be effective if:
- You wear them properly.
- It is the right size for you.
A KN95 mask is very efficient in protecting against coronavirus only if you meet the required conditions. This means you have to use the mask properly and it should be the perfect fit. You should also note that wearing a mask doesn’t completely protect you.
You must frequently carry out hand hygiene and maintain social distancing. If you feel like you are infected, isolate yourself immediately and call the local health authorities. (If you need KN95 mask, click https://www.trendebut.com)
There has always been a question about the potency of hand sanitizers warding off infections and diseases. Medically, you will only benefit from hand sanitizers if you use them the right way. It is even more important to use them in the right instances.
One thing is sure, hand sanitizers are potent against microbes but aren’t effective on every kind of germ. In this post, we will look at how sanitizers work and factors to consider when buying sanitizers. We will also show you the benefits of using hand sanitizers and how they shouldn’t be used.
What is Hand Sanitizer?
Before we go into the details of this post, it is expedient to quickly define what hand sanitizers are. In simple terms, a hand sanitizer is a gel or liquid that is used for protection against infectious agents. The sanitizers are designed to reduce or eliminate the population pathogens on the hands.
It is important to note that hand sanitizers are not an alternative to hand washing. However, it may suffice when soap and clean water are not available for certain cases. Hand sanitizers only bring you a few benefits of handwashing, if soap and water aren’t available. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_sanitizer)
Do Hand Sanitizers Work?
It is a smart thing to always have hand sanitizers at hand. Learning about how to use them is even more important because this will help you enjoy the benefits.
The major ingredient present in most sanitizers is either ethanol or isopropanol. Taking a look at history shows us that alcohol has always been potent against certain bacteria and viruses. As a result, people are always advised to use hand sanitizers, especially when there is a pandemic.
This means that hand sanitizers work, however, they shouldn’t be a replacement for hand washing. According to the CDC, hand washing is more effective than using hand sanitizers.
A major factor that determines whether hand sanitizers will work is the quantity you use. According to Berezow, most people don’t apply as much as they should so it doesn’t spread around their hands properly. This makes the hand sanitizers as effective as they should be.
The CDC has advised that to enjoy the benefits of hand sanitizers, the process should be like hand washing. This implies that you should use the sanitizer over your hand for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Hand sanitizers are effective against certain microbes, not every microbe. Here is a list of germs that sanitizers offer protection against:
- This is a virus that causes diarrhea and vomiting.
- Clostridium difficile. A bacterial infection resulting in inflammation and upset of the intestinal tract.
- This is infection is caused by a parasite and it results in gastrointestinal and breathing complications.
What To Look Out For Before Purchasing a Sanitizer
It is important to note that generally, hand sanitizers have expiry dates, especially when they are alcohol-based. This means while you need to store them, you also have to use them. If you don’t gradually the alcohol will evaporate as it is volatile.
This brings us to the question, “what should you look out for before purchasing a sanitizer?” You cannot walk into the local store and pick up just any sanitizer to protect yourself against diseases. In recent times, there has been a lot of sensitization about sanitizers and the demand has skyrocketed.
Even though there is a dearth of sanitizers in the market you shouldn’t just go for any sanitizer. There are certain factors to consider before purchasing one.
- The chief factor is whether the hand sanitizer is alcohol or water-based. Water or non-alcohol based sanitizers are pretty much useless when it comes to protecting you against disease or infections.
The CDC advises that any hand sanitizer to be used should contain a minimum of 60% alcohol. With this level of alcohol, you only reduce or slow down the growth rate of the pathogens. Note that hand sanitizers don’t eradicate pathogens.
- It is important to check the level of alcohol to be sure that it is not too little. Also, check that the sanitizer is not made using alcohol substitutesas they are not effective.
- You should also check for the expiry dates. Like we stated earlier, sanitizers have expiry dates. After this period, the sanitizer loses its ability to protect you from infections or combat pathogens.
- It is also important to check that the sanitizer comes with anti-viral or anti-bacterial properties before purchase.
Remember that excessive use of sanitizers will make your hands dry because of alcohol. This can result in cracking or bleeding (in extreme cases). It can even make skin conditions like eczema worse.
Should You Make Your Sanitizer?
As the coronavirus pandemic spreads to different nations of the world, there has been an increased demand for sanitizers. Because of this, sanitizers have become scarce and many people are beginning to make their sanitizers at home. Should you make your hand sanitizers at home?
The CDC doesn’t advise you to do so. Why is this so?
- The first reason is that the CDC recommendshand washing over the use of hand sanitizers. Sanitizers should only be used when there isn’t sufficient water and soap for handwashing.
- Reports by the FDA revealthat while many people make DIY sanitizers, they may lack the required information to do so. There are specific ingredients and recipes used in making sanitizers for them to offer adequate protection.
- Making a DIY hand sanitizers is far more difficult than you can imagine. According to experts, there is a possibility of ending up with the wrong product. It may either be too harsh or completely ineffective which is tantamount to a waste of time and ingredients.
If you have to make DIY sanitizers at home, then you should follow the guidelines provided by the WHO and FDA. However, these recommendations are designed to be used by medical professionals and not the layman. The instructions include:
- Using isopropyl alcohol, denatured alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, sterile water, and glycerol/glycerin.
- You must measure the alcohol concentration in the end product. This is to be done with the aid of an alcoholometer. This is the only way to be certain that the sanitizer will protect you against pathogens.
- Avoid the use of dyes, fragrances, or essential oils as they may result in the triggering of allergies.
- The FDAalso recommends that you can only use pharmacy-grade ingredients in making sanitizers.
If you are not able to follow these guidelines then it is wise to avoid making DIY sanitizer at home. All in all, it is best to stick to hand washing as much as you can. This is the assured way of protecting yourself from pathogens.
Handwashing vs Sanitizing
It is almost certain that we use our hands more than any other part of our bodies to touch surfaces. This is why they are the chief point of contact when it comes to contracting diseases and viral infections. We advised to follow the regulations regarding hand hygiene, especially during pandemics.
The question is this, which is better, hand washing or hand sanitizers? According to the CDC, hand washing is more preferable and sanitizers should only be used when water and soap aren’t available.
We will present two tables below showing when to use each of these processes and how to use them. These tables are based on instructions by the CDC.
|When to use|
Water and soap (Handwashing)
· When preparing food, before, during, and after.
· Before eating.
· Before and after attending to a sick person.
· Before and after attending to an injury.
· After changing diapers, using the bathroom, and cleaning up a toddler that used the bathroom.
· After coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
· After touching animal food, cages, waste, treatments, or the animal itself.
· After touching waste material.
· When your hands are visibly greasy or dirty.
· Before and after you visit a loved one at a nursing home or the hospital. However, if the person is struck with Clostridium difficile, wash the hands with soap and water.
· When water and soap aren’t readily available. In such cases, use only alcohol-based sanitizers with a minimum of 60% alcohol. As soon as you get water and soap, wash your hands.
· It is important to note that you shouldn’t use sanitizers when your hands are greasy or dirty.
|How to use|
Water and soap (Handwashing)
· Put your hands under running water to wet it and then apply soap.
· Rub the hands against each other to lather them.
· Scrub all the surfaces including backs, palms, between fingers, beneath the nails, etc. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
· Rinse off the soap under running water.
· Dry the hands with a clean towel. You may also air dry them.
· Apply sufficient sanitizer to cover all the surfaces of the hand.
· Rub both hands against each other until they feel dry. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
· You shouldn’t wipe off or rinse the sanitizer, let it dry off on its own.
Benefits of a Hand Sanitizer
Hand washing is still regarded as the best way to keep the hands safe from viruses and bacteria. However, with hand sanitizers comes a level of protection which is why you should have them handy. Let’s take a look at the benefits of using hand sanitizers.
You shouldn’t be surprised at this as this is one of the key reasons why we make use of sanitizers. As the name implies, it is meant to sanitize the hands. They do this by killing germs and reducing the population of pathogens on the hands.
Studies show that hand sanitizers can eliminate up to 99.9% of all the germs present on the hands. Because of this, the CDC recommends that you can use hand sanitizers as an occasional replacement for hand washing.
Even though handwashing is highly recommended, it is impossible to take a sink everywhere you go. It is also impossible to carry running water around in your backpack. How then do you carry out hand hygiene as frequently as you should?
This is where hand sanitizers come in handy, they can enter into your bag, purse, and even pockets. With this, you are covered even in situations where you don’t have access to clean running water and soap.
As you know, you don’t need a sink to use a hand sanitizer. So it is perfect for those situations where you have come in contact with several people or are about grabbing a snack.
Perfect choice for group gatherings
When you have a lot of human traffic, there is a very high risk of cross-contamination. Cross-contamination can be between two individuals or individuals and surfaces. All you need to do is take a few moments to sanitize at frequent intervals.
The sanitizer can be placed close to entrances and at vantage points in the establishment. When people pass by them they are instantly reminded of the need to sanitize their hands. it is perfect for office establishments, schools, gyms, etc.
A little squirt when entering and after leaving is perfect if the individual won’t be staying for long periods. Otherwise, sanitizing at intervals becomes necessary.
Reduces the risk of diseases
This is a very important benefit, especially during the flu season and during a pandemic. During such periods, you must keep yourself away from people’s germs as much as possible. However, staying away may not be completely possible which is where hand sanitizers play a major role.
Periodic use of the sanitizer, especially after coming in contact with other humans is important. You should also sanitize the hands after touching frequently touched surfaces. In your homes or offices, sanitizing surfaces also helps to keep you safe from disease.
This may seem a bit mundane and surprising but using sanitizers frequently will show you a proof. However, this is only possible with water or non-alcohol based sanitizers. The CDC does not advise you to use these in protecting yourself against disease.
How Do You Use a Hand Sanitizer
Because you may not always have access to water and soap, hand sanitizers are very important. It is, therefore, important that you know how to use them properly. If you don’t, then there is no point in using them as you still wouldn’t be protected.
Four factors affect how effective hand sanitizers will be when you use them. They include:
- The product you use
- The quantity of sanitizer you use
- Whether you use the proper technique or not
- How consistent you are with the use of the sanitizer
Not every situation is appropriate for the use of sanitizers. For example, when your hands are stained with dirt or grease, you should wash the hands not use a sanitizer. However, after shaking hands, getting off public transportation, or touching certain surfaces, sanitizers are appropriate.
The question to answer at this point is, what is the proper way to use sanitizers?
- Apply the right quantity of sanitizer onto one of your palms. Usually, the manufacturer adds instructions regarding quantity to the packaging of the sanitizer.
- Rub both hands against each other. When doing this, ensure that you cover every surface on the hand and don’t forget the crevices between the fingers.
- Only stop rubbing your hands against each other when you notice that they are dry. This should be about 20 seconds after you began rubbing. Make sure that you don’t wipe off or dry your hands with a towel before the sanitizer dries up.
Alcohol-based sanitizers are not safe to be taken orally. This is why you must be careful when you have children around. Keep your sanitizer in a cool and dry place, away from the reach of children.
How Hand Sanitizers Should Not Be Used
The CDC has reiterated that hand washing is the best way to keep the hands protected from pathogens. Of course, you don’t have access to running water and soap all the time, which is why we recommend sanitizers. Now that you know how to use sanitizers, it is important to also know how they shouldn’t be used.
The basic fact about sanitizers is that they are efficient in reducing the microbe count on our hands. This is only in certain situations as they are not potent against all microbes. How is this possible?
Firstly, hand sanitizers do not kill microbes, they only help to remove them from the skin surface. This is why washing the hands with soap and water is better since you will have sufficient water to go round. To eliminate germs from your hands, you need to make use or sufficient sanitizer, a step many people neglect.
Cleaning greasy or dirty hands
When it comes to washing greasy or dirty hands, soap and water will always gain preference. Hand sanitizers simply do not cut in this regard. This is why they are recommended for use in medical settings more than regular life.
In clinics, workers and visitors are exposed to so many pathogenic microbes. However, it is very difficult to find hands covered in grease or dirt in such an environment. Sanitizers will be perfect for this sort of scenario.
After working in the garden, playing a sport, fixing your car, etc. your hands are bound to be very dirty or greasy. Sanitizers may not be able to handle such an amount of impurity, even if you use up a whole bottle.
Removing pesticides, heavy metals, and harmful chemicals from the hands
According to several studies, it is clear that hand sanitizers cannot inactivate many harmful chemicals. As such, it is suggested that when you come in contact with any of these substances, you should wash with water and soap.
Swallowing alcohol-based sanitizers
Alcohol-based sanitizers should be used externally only, avoid oral ingestion. This is the only way their use is safe. When you take in more than a few mouthfuls of sanitizer, you put yourself at risk of alcohol poisoning. For this reason, keep your sanitizers away from children.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Sanitizers
Q. Are hand sanitizers effective against Coronavirus?
The CDC recommends washing hands when you have access to water and soap. This is still the best way to keep your hands free of pathogenic microbes. The washing should be done for up to 20 seconds. It is only when there is no water and soap that you should make use of sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol.
Q. Can I make DIY sanitizers?
You can always purchase sanitizers at pharmacies and local retail stores. Over the last few weeks, many of these pharmacies and stores have run out of sanitizers. This means you can make your alcohol-based sanitizers following the temporary regulations by the FDA.
However, it is still more preferable to buy sanitizers instead of making them for several reasons. We have discussed most of these above.
Q. What should I do when I react to a hand sanitizer?
Once you notice that using a sanitizer has triggered a certain reaction, reach out to your physician. In such cases, the FDA has called for medical professionals to make reports of adverse experiences. The reports should be made to the MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program.
Q. Can I use household products that claim to protect against COVID-19 on my hands?
Before using any such products, check the directions for use properly. Disinfectant wipes or sprays may cause eye or skin irritation. This is because they weren’t designed to be used on human skin. Check this list to see products that have met the criteria for use against SARS-COV-2.
Q. Can I add alcohol to a non-alcohol based sanitizer to protect me against coronavirus?
- Doing this is not likely to produce an effective sanitizer against coronavirus. Click here to see the guideline for making your sanitizer at home. Based on this guide, you cannot convert your non-alcohol based sanitizer through this method.
Q. Do hand sanitizers come with an expiry date? Can they still protect against the disease after this date?
Since hand sanitizers are over-the-counter, they have expiry dates. There is still no information about their effectiveness or stability after the expiry dates.
Cleaning your hands frequently is very important to maintaining your health and that of your loved ones. Vigorous washing using soap and water is recommended by the CDC as the chief way of cleaning the hands. However, hand sanitizers are also efficient when used properly.
We have shown you the type of hand sanitizers to use and how to make yours at home. As much you can only make DIY hand sanitizers when you cannot get at a store or pharmacy. When you do, be sure it is alcohol-based. ( For information, more details, visit https://www.trendebut.com .)
You must be reading this post because you have tons of questions about hazmat suits. If you are, then you are not alone, many people are in the same shoes. You must know what these suits are and how to use them because they are not an everyday item.
We put this post together to help you out with all your hazmat suit questions. After reading this post, you should know if you need one or not and how to find the best one for you.
What is a Hazmat Suit?
We begin defining by telling you that “hazmat” is actually “hazardous material suit.” According to the US Department of Homeland Security, a hazmat suit is overall worn by people for protection from hazardous substances or materials. Such materials include radioactive materials, biological agents, and dangerous chemicals.
Safopedia defines a hazmat suit as a piece of PPE made of impermeable material. This suit is designed to protect the wearer from hazardous materials and substances. It also protects from radioactive and biological agents in an environment where one is exposed to such. Note that they are not to be used in warfare. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazmat_suit)
Users of Hazmat Suits
Hazmat suits protect the wearer from four major types of elements or agents. When we consider these, it becomes easier to state who the users of hazmat suits are. We have put together a list below to help you understand clearly who needs a hazmat suit.
- Laboratory scientists and other individuals that work with chemicals. Hazmat suits are made from rubber or heavy PVC, Teflon, and Tyvek. These materials act as a physical barrier to protect the wearer from splashes and spills of chemicals.
- Firemen and other individuals working around high temperatures. The materials used in making the suits are reflective and insulating. As a result, they reduce the effects of high temperatures and fires.
- Medical personnel and other workers dealing with biological agents. When treating a patient who is infected with certain viral infections, it is necessary to wear hazmat suits. A vivid example is the treatment of a patient with the Ebola virus.
The suits are mostly powered with air-purifying respirators accompanied with hoods that protect the wearer from different body fluids.
- Workers in nuclear plants and radioactive stations. It is dangerous to inhale radioactive gases or particles. With these suits, the wearers are protected from direct contact with radioactive or nuclear radiation.
Situations to Use Hazmat Suits
The situations to use of Hazmat suits depend on the level of protection that is required by the wearer. There are different levels of suits with Level A providing the highest form of protection and D the least protection.
- Level A suits are used in situations where the wearer cannot afford to be contaminated. It is mostly worn when there is a risk of contamination from an unknown source. These suits are usually vapor-tight so they protect against both airborne and liquid substances.
- Level B suits are very similar to those in level A only that this time, the breathing apparatus is not necessarily encapsulated. They are worn when there is a risk from a known source but the wearer requires a high level of protection. They are preferred when the suit will be worn for extended periods because of respiratory freedom.
- Level C suits are regarded as the most common of the lot. They are needed in a situation where the wearer does not need as much respiratory protection as Level B suits. These suits are not vapor-tight and are mostly worn by nuclear, biological, and chemical agents.
Disposable or Reusable Hazmat Suits?
Choosing between a disposable and a reusable hazmat suit is totally dependent on what you do and personal preferences. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages. We will share these with you so that you can make your decision.
Disposable hazmat suits
One of the major advantages of disposable gowns suits is their weight. They are by far lighter than their reusable counterparts which means they are likely to be more comfortable.
In addition to this, many versions come with integrated boots, socks, and gloves. The implication of this is that they are easier to don and doff. Let’s consider a few more specific pros of disposable hazmat suits.
Cost of purchase and maintenance
Without a soothsayer, you should know that disposable suits are cheaper than the reusable ones. This means you should invest in a disposable suit if you don’t need one too often. By the way, since you are disposing of it immediately after use, it doesn’t come with extra maintenance costs thus saving you money.
Generally, disposable suits are perceived as safer and we will tell you why. Let’s say while working, a harmful chemical touches the suit. You dispose of the suit immediately since you don’t have to wash it afterward.
There is also less risk of getting the environment contaminated. This is because the moment a suit is contaminated, you doff and dispose of it and don a new one. So far, disposable suits have proven to be more resistant to chemicals because of the use of several laminates.
Reusable hazmat suits
Just like disposable suits, the reusable ones also have specific strong points. If you are disposed to these advantages, then you may choose a reusable hazmat suit instead. Some of these advantages include:
Many companies are looking at how they can become sustainable which means they are seeking to phase out disposable items. When you have to dispose of a suit after each use, it is clear that it is not sustainable. By the way, the more of these suits we dispose and process, the more damage we are doing to the environment.
Reusable suits do not cause any harm to the environment. You can wear them over and over as long as you follow the maintenance instructions and the suit is not damaged. So while they are costlier, reusable suits save you cost in the long run.
Another thing to consider is the fact that reusable suits are mechanically stronger than their disposable counterparts. This means that with the right contamination procedure, you can efficiently and frequently use a reusable suit.
The breaking point
Most times, the decision boils down to how much you are willing to spend on the suit. The difference between both may run into hundreds of dollars or euros.
Disposable suits are cheaper but then, you have to buy so many. Reusable suits, on the other hand, cost a lot more but you don’t need so many. This means if you will use the suit frequently, a reusable suit is a better option, while disposables are better for an occasional user.
Types of Hazmat Suits
There are two different classifications of hazmat suits, the European classification, and the USA classification. We will discuss both in this section.
The European Classification
The suits here are split into six groups, each one is discussed below:
- Type 1 – Provides the wearer protection from gaseous and liquid chemicals. They are gas-tight and are equivalent to the level A of the US classification.
- Type 2 – Protect the wearer from gaseous and liquid chemicals. They are not gas-tight and are equivalent to the level B of the US classification.
- Type 3 – Protect the wearer from liquid chemicals for short periods. They are liquid-tight.
- Type 4 - Protect the wearer from liquid chemicals for short periods. They are spray-tight and are equivalent to the level C of the US classification.
- Type 5 - Protect the wearer from liquid chemicals for short periods. They will only cover some parts of the body and are equivalent to the level D of the US classification.
- Type 6 – Protect only a part of the body from liquid chemicals.
The United States Classification
Under this classification, the suits are split into four levels, each is discussed below:
- Level A – The suits in this level provides complete encapsulation and are vapor-tight protecting the wearer from contact with airborne and direct chemicals. The suits come with Self-contained Breathing Apparatus also known as SCBA. They are used when there is a threat to human health and life from chemical spills.
Hazmat gear in level A protects against splashes, mists, gases, and vapors which is why they have to be gas-tight. They are also splash resistant and vapor-tight thus protecting the wearer from dangerous substances and chemicals.
- Level B – They are not as protective as those in level A because they are not vapor-tight. These suits are also worn with SCBA that can be positioned internally or externally depending on the suit. You wear these suits when there is a risk of chemical splashes.
It is important to note that they do not protect you from gases or vapors. They usually come with gloves, clothing, and boots that are resistant to chemicals.
- Level C – As you will expect, they offer less protection than the preceding level B. These suits are worn along with gas masks or respirators alone. Many of the firefighting clothing you know fall into this category.
The suits in this level basically protect from airborne substances and hazardous chemicals. However, they are not to be used in chemical emergencies or in zones where oxygen is deficient. This equipment will also require the wearer to put on a hard hat along with disposable outer boots that are resistant to chemicals.
- Level D – They are usually not seen as hazmat suits but as work clothing. This is because they do not come with any protection for the respiratory tracts. Instead, they protect the eyes alone from splashes.
By this description, we know that level D suits present the least level of protection. As a result, they are only used when there are no possible risks of exposure to chemicals.
How Effective are Hazmat Suits?
In the workplace and, indeed, everywhere else, we are faced with different kinds of risks daily. Regardless of the risks that come our way, there is always a weapon to defend ourselves. It is always a matter of knowing what the weapon of defense is and how it can be used.
When it comes to chemical risks, whether airborne or liquids, the best defense is hazmat suits. We have already defined them above but the question is how effective are they?
A hazmat suit is a physical barrier that acts as a shield between the wearer and the chemicals. They usually come with an independent oxygen source so the wearer needs not to worry about breathing inconveniences. The idea behind hazmat suits is to separate the wearer from the contamination in the environment.
These suits range from simple to complex and advanced. The simpler ones are worn when the wearer only has to worry about splashes or spills of liquid chemicals.
However, there are times when the wearer needs a higher level of protection from airborne contaminants and the fumes of toxic chemicals. In such cases, the advanced suits are donned. This is because asides from the protective nature of the clothing, they are also vapor-tight and air-tight.
Since hazmat suits are so versatile, they can be used by people in different professions. Examples are healthcare workers, military personnel, firemen, workers in radioactive stations, etc.
Insurance during chemical warfare
When there is chemical warfare, hazmat suits are most times the defining factor between death and life. You will also notice that individuals who work in waste disposal wear hazmat suits as well. In this case, they may wear disposable suits instead so that they can dispose of the suits daily.
Staff working at nuclear power plants wear these suits to protect themselves from carrying radioactive contaminants to their homes. More recently, we have seen health care workers attending to patients suffering from viral infections wear hazmat suits. Looking at this gives a clear picture of how effective these suits are in protecting the wearer from dangerous chemicals.
How to Select Hazmat Suits
To choose your hazmat suit, you need to take into consideration your task. This will show whether the suit will provide sufficient protection against the risks posed and the environment you work in. Some of the factors to consider include:
- What do you want to protect the worker from?
- Which worker are you planning to protect? Here, provide details about the worker such as:
- Gender of the worker (male or female)
- Underlying medical conditions
- Waist measurements
- The environment where the worker operates – what are the surroundings like?
- Confined space
- explosive area
- flash fire
- mechanical stress
- other individuals present such as patients
- What kind of risk is the worker undertaking while carrying out the task?
- How long is the worker likely to wear the suit while working without a breakthrough?
- How can you classify the task in terms of the risk posed (low, medium, or high risk?
- Will the worker is carrying out the task, will there be any climbing or navigation involved?
- Will the worker use their hands a lot while working on the task?
- Does the task involve exposure to chemicals?
- Is the worker going to be attending to infected patients?
- Will the worker need to carry any heavy objects during the task?
- What class of suit is needed to carry out the task? This is dependent on the level of protection required. We have already described the different classifications of suits above based on the US and European classifications.
- In the United States of America, there are four levels of suits. They are categorized into levels A, B, C, and D.
- Hazmat suits in Europe are classified based on type. There are six classes of suits and they include 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Other key considerations. There are several other factors you should consider when choosing a hazmat suit for a task.
- It is very important to find out if the wearer will need to wear an additional breathing apparatus. Sometimes the apparatus may be worn internally or externally. This is dependent on whether the suit is all-encompassing or non-encompassing.
- Additional accessories you should consider. This a list of extra accessories you should consider before choosing a hazmat suit.
- Cooling vest
- Anti-fog visors
- Ventilation systems
- Optional connectors which are needed for extending decontamination.
- The required footwear for the work environment.
- The material used in the suit and visor design.
- Flame retardant material with self-extinguishing capabilities.
- The type of seam used in sewing the suit. This includes heat-sealed, bound, or sewn seams, etc.
- Height adjustment.
- Gloves, glove liners, and Kevlar over-gloves.
- Gloves, socks, and boots with a gas-tight fit for more safety.
- Limited use
- For training programs alone
- Ebola hazmat suits
These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a suit. Making the right choice of hazmat suit ensures that you are completely protected regardless of the risks involved.
Proper Way to Use Hazmat Suits
Learning the proper way to use hazmat suits is key if you will be protected. Proper use of these suits is split into donning and doffing them properly and caring for the suits. We will look at both briefly in this section of this post.
Donning and doffing your hazmat suit
You cannot wear all hazmat suits or doff them in different ways. Each suit has a specific set of instructions regarding donning and doffing. This is because of the risks surrounding the different tasks.
It is, therefore, imperative that you wear suits following the procedures laid down by the manufacturer. Be sure that you completely understand the procedures and check with co-workers to ensure you are all on the same page. Every good quality suit comes with a set of instructions or guidelines on how to don and doff the suit correctly.
However, to ensure that you are protected and you do the right thing, you must:
- Purchase suits that come with very clear instructions.
- View all instructional videos regarding doffing and donning along with co-workers before using the suits.
- Ensure that all your workers are consistent with the procedures provided in the instruction manual and accompanying videos.
- Supervise both processes when there is a need, especially during training sessions.
- Assign donning and doffing partners when there is a need. In such cases, the partners must be available before any of the processes are carried out.
You should note that many of the hazmat suits require the help of a partner to properly don and doff the equipment. When getting suits, you should consider this, especially if you are short on staff.
Caring for Hazmat suits
Before you purchase the suits, it is very necessary to find out about the maintenance of the suit. This covers cleaning the suit, disinfecting it, and storage of the suits. Just like the donning and doffing processes, the maintenance of suits differs depending on the materials used.
One of the key characteristics to look out for is the life span of the suit. This will always determine how it should be maintained. Some of the questions you should ask in this regard include:
- What is the nature of the suit, disposable or reusable?
- How should it be cleaned or disinfected?
- Can it be stored? If yes, how should it be stored?
- Are there any accessories or sections that should be disposed of after a task?
- How long was the suit designed to last for?
- Can the suit be repaired if there is the damage?
Along with these, you should find out the specific shoes required to accompany the suit. You should take time to observe the suit for holes, cracks, damages, discoloring, breaks, swelling, etc.
It is also important to observe the soles of the shoes to be sure that they are not worn. This is necessary to avoid slips and falls in the workplace which may lead to injury.
People rarely purchase hazmat suits except when situations have gone haywire. Most times, only people who need them will buy them. You need to be sure that you need one as well as why you need it before buying it.
We have shown you what to look out for when buying a hazmat suit as well as the proper use of these suits. You must follow instructions when using these suits. Else, you will put yourself at risk of infection or injury. (For information, more details, visit https://www.trendebut.com .)