Using Jewelry In The Workplace
Many women love their jewelry but they don’t understand the concept of work jewelry. It is important to get how to start wearing jewelry at work right else you’ll be having lots of problems.
Jewelry is an important aspect of every woman’s dressing. The fact that you work in an office should not stop you from wearing these accessories. We will teach you how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace via this post. (Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewellery)
Rules governing jewelry at work
Most people think that jewelry may make a woman look unserious in the office. It really isn’t so. You don’t need to lose your jewelry or reduce your sense of style because you’re scared of wearing jewelry at work.
Also, if you wear your work jewelry properly, you would achieve two major aims. First, you maintain your sense of style. Second, you will be confident enough to achieve more and gain lots of respect.
The bottom line is you have to understand the rules that govern wearing jewelry in the workplace. How to start wearing jewelry at work is simply about making the right impression all the time. You should remember that first impressions matter and you cannot make it twice.
When it comes to dressing up to the workplace, jewelry is about the trickiest of the lot. This is why you must be careful. The first thing you need to consider is the culture of your organization.
For example, it is easier for women who work in arts organizations to choose jewelry. Some of these organizations include advertising, boutiques, art galleries, etc. On the other hand, women who are involved in corporate, academic, and political work must be careful with these accessories.
The best place to get information about wearing jewelry at work is from the Human Resources Department of your firm. In the event that you don’t get any information from this avenue, you need to find another means. Check the work jewelry of other staff in the organization, especially your bosses.
Let’s get straight to the rules that will show you how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace.
Rule 1 of jewelry at work
Never allow your jewelry and clothing to be in competition. You should make sure that you create the perfect balance between your clothes and the jewelry you wear. For example, if you are wearing one of those statement necklaces, you need a simple neckline and cool colors. This way, the necklace stands out as a result of the perfect contrast created.
It is important that you work with two or three colors. Wearing too many colors will make you look funny and will totally mess up your dressing. So a solid color necklace or scarf will be perfect for black pants and a pink skirt or something of the sort. This way, you get to bring all of the colors together to form something nice.
Rule 3 of wearing jewelry at work
Stay with real jewelry. Let’s take a look at the different pieces of jewelry and examples of how they will look.
- Necklaces: One of the most timeless pieces of necklaces will be gold or silver in color with a simple pendant. One thing you should always remember is that you cannot have dangling chains. You should also stay away from necklaces encrusted with crystals. The idea of office jewelry is simple and classy.
- Earrings: You shouldn’t even consider long dangling earrings as they are not fitting for the workplace. Instead of these, wear a pair of studs. Studs are simple and small yet very sophisticated. Wearing these shows a lot of responsibility and will earn you the respect of others.
- Rings: If you wear them right, rings are perfect for the workplace and are very appropriate. For example, you can wear engagement rings and nuptial rings and still look responsible. Another set of rings you can wear are stackable bands or semi-precious stones. Whatever you do, don’t make it too excessive. It is best to wear just one ring per hand.
- Bracelets: Wondering why bracelets and not bangles? Here’s a simple explanation. Bangles are noisy and at the same time, they look too unprofessional for the workplace. This is why we prefer bracelets among work jewelry. Bracelets are better, whether they have stones or they are plain. You may also consider using cuffs too. Just make sure that cuffs don’t make any noise. Whatever you choose, make sure that you maintain class.
- Nose rings: In most parts of the world, nose rings are not an issue for women. On the other hand, women from the Southern part of Asia, especially India may have a problem with this. They have to decide whether they should wear any jewelry on their noses or not. Asides this, they need to figure out whether they should wear either a nose ring or pin. This can be really tricky and that’s why they need to know how to start wearing jewelry in the workplace. Choosing to wear either of these is dependent on the culture of a specific organization.
Rule 4 of wearing jewelry at work
The subtlety with wearing jewelry at work is very important. Boldness is good but in the workplace, don’t let your jewelry be too pronounced. It is best to leave them out of the faces of others. If you aren’t subtle with your jewelry, then you’d be quite distracting to others.
As much as possible, it is important that your jewelry does not make noises when at work. That could be very unprofessional.
Stay away from lots of jewelry, too many will be a cardinal mistake. A professional setting requires a lot of professionalism including in terms of your dressing. The only reason why you should wear lots of jewelry is that you work in a fashion outfit or in entertainment.
There you have it, it is work jewelry is not a bad idea. All you need to do is understand how to start wearing jewelry right at the office. This article must have taught you the rules of wearing jewelry at work. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.